MultiRotor Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Apm or pixhawk.

2 posters

Go down

Apm or pixhawk. Empty Apm or pixhawk.

Post by multicopterdesign Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:20 pm

Ok maybe it is time to take the plunge and learn about nav points, mission planner, and use something other than the Kk2.1 board.  I must admit I love the tiny led display.  But.... I may need to push my boundaries.  With that said.  Is there a site or knowledge that teaches:
What to buy, how much it will cost?
Any knowledge for dummies like myself
Dos and don't for my deltarotors

Thanks

multicopterdesign

Back to top Go down

Apm or pixhawk. Empty Re: Apm or pixhawk.

Post by neclovek Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:22 am

Sorry for not responding, didn't have much free time lately.
What you need depends on what you want from it. If you don't need GPS stuff, then CC3D or Naze 32 10DOF are the winners. If you do need GPS stuff, then i sadly can't help you because of my own lack of experience.
neclovek
neclovek

Back to top Go down

Post by multicopterdesign Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:42 am

I understand I took on a part time job with Home Depot after my last pay cut.
One more cut and I will be working full time for them.
I learn by seeing and doing, I know as I learn more I can use this in my designs.  Taking this knowledge and incorporating it  could help me design deltarotors for those purposes.  Instead of jumping in head first maybe its better to test the water and build my way up.  CC3D and Naze 32 100f.  What do these do?
Is there a dummies build for these?
Do they all need bec in line with their speed controllers?  Do they all work with mission planner?  Or do they have their own propitiatory software to program them?  
As for a goal I would like to see my designs become autonomous.  I would like to have them land like a lander with spreading legs that respond to sensors.  Maybe incorporate articulate arms for services.  There is going to be a need to use deltarotors for map surveying with flight times of 1 hour or more in the oil field.  Some here where I live are flying them over weddings and offering the videos to the bride and groom after the ceremonies for money.  Once I get a 3D printer I am going to start shaping my designs with rounder edges and possibly incorporate this into the design.  Or like the steam punk print out parts that can be added on.  On the steam punk I learned that I can use rare earth magnets to add details to make it look cool.  Like the tennis balls that are painted on the motor's ends.  That is all cosmetic.  The skies the limit litterally.Apm or pixhawk. DSC_2293%20Small_zpsonxeviz7

multicopterdesign

Back to top Go down

Post by neclovek Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:38 am

Well, without GPS you can not do waypoints/rth/autonomous flight/etc so you will need GPS for sure if you want these features.
neclovek
neclovek

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum